Please find a telephone number breakdown example for 978-881-0560 below.
- 978 - area code (or NPA)
- Area codes bring a call to the larger geographic region which may contain multiple towns; at the same time, large cities generally have multiple area codes. There are two basic types of area codes: Local and Toll-Free. Toll-free area codes are 800, 844, 855, 866, 877, and 888; local area codes are all the other ones.
- 881 - rate center (or NXX)
- A rate center is a geographically specified area used for determining mileage and/or usage dependent rates in the public switched telephone network.
- NXX is also known as a prefix.
- 0560 - line number
- A line number is the final and most specific code of the phone number. This code provides an exact address for connecting the call with a specific phone line.